Wednesday, April 13, 2011

three weeks

in 21 days i will be flying over the Atlantic Ocean, on my way to Uganda! AH!  Before I leave I have a huge list of things to accomplish including:

- pass my finals (hopefully with grades that improve my GPA instead of lowering it)
- run a half marathon (this saturday!)
- get my malaria pills
-find a suitcase big enough to carry everything to Uganda
-get a haircut
-celebrate 2 birthdays, 2 graduations, and an early Mother's Day (shh that last one is a surprise)

i have two 12 hour flights on my journey to Africa. since i am an unseasoned traveler i need advice. what should i take to keep me occupied on these loooong flights??? granted, i hope to be asleep during most of the flight, but what if i can't sleep? should i take drugs?
ok that sounded a bit dramatic.

but seriously, any travel tips you have will be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. oh man, I wrote you a huge old thing and then it didn't work :( Basically, try to sleep when it's nighttime in Africa so you'll be able to adjust better when you get there, bring stuff to do (I had word puzzles, my scriptures, and letters to write, but I was so anxious that I just ended up staring at the seat in front of me the whole time), and...I don't remember anything else ;) Oh make sure any of your tiny travelly liquid stuff is in a baggie in your carryon so you can get it out quickly at security. And your laptop, too. Good luck getting comfortable in those airplane seats haha. I have a big suitcase you can take if you want!! I used it when I went to China and it's ginormous and wonderful. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete