Saturday, August 6, 2011

Farewell Impact Primary School

For the last 12 weeks I have been holding a student leadership course at a local primary school- Impact.  This is sort of my "baby" project. I stumbled upon it. I came here thinking I would just be doing health related projects. However, there is a HUGE need to empowerment and life skills to be taught to school age children.

We taught the class to all of P7 (ages 12 and up), as well as the class monitors (sort of like a class president) from all the other classes. There were so many kids who I met there who are just on fire! They are smart and sharp and have big plans for their lives.

As I said good bye to the students, it was surreal. I don't really feel like I am leaving. Do I really only have 18 days left here? AH. That is a little freaky.  I will miss these kids! I loved going and seeing Gerald's smiling face, tickling little Benjamin and Joel, and singing "OH Happy Day"with all of them.

It has been a great experience to work with this school! I hope that all those kids DO follow their dreams and are able to make a change- in their lives and in Uganda!

No comments:

Post a Comment