Monday, September 26, 2011

one month

I have been home for one month. weird! it really seems like just yesterday that i was here:













with these lovely people:














how time flies! when i first got home i really hated it. i cried when i left Uganda and I cried almost every day for the first week i was back in utah. i'm more used to it now. i don't cry about africa. but i do miss it. there is one thing i do NOT want to do. i don't want to forget the experience! sometimes we have amazing experiences, and then we forget about them after a year or two. i promise i will not do that. going to Uganda changed me. mostly for the better. i am more confident. more headstrong. more humble. less judgmental. a better communicator. i understand development work- somewhat. i lived in a third world country for 18 weeks! at first it was really hard. but by the time i left, it was horrible leaving. i think part of my heart will always be in Africa. where do i want to go next? Somalia!
these little somalian refugees stole my heart!














(I also want to go to India, China and Thailand. so stay posted, my adventures are not over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment